The weeks leading up to your wedding can be incredibly stressful. Hiring a fantastic planner to help take care of the details can help alleviate a lot of that stress but it is a busy time and it will be easy to let your health go by the wayside unless you plan ahead. Here are a few tips to keep feeling great all the way up to your wedding date.
- even if you're super busy, keep your exercise routine going (if you don't have one - start now!)
- schedule yoga or pilates classes for the week of your wedding or take a hike or bike ride, whatever makes you feel great, and make a promise to yourself to go. make your friends go with you so you'll feel obligated not to skip out.
- make time for fresh air and sunshine
- eat lots of leafy greens and protein. avoid caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes and sugar. this will make a huge difference
- go to bed early and spritz your bed with relaxing aromatherapy scents to make the area peaceful
- schedule a massage, facial or whatever makes you feel good the day before the wedding. sit by the pool, relax.
- make a promise to yourself to take care of all the last minute details at least three days before the wedding so you can relax and enjoy your guests. you don't want to be working on your seating chart while you're getting your hair and makeup done tbe morning of your wedding!
- acknowledge that things outside your control will change all you have carefully planned and that there is nothing you can do to avoid that. trust that everything will work out for the best