Genius Faux-Calligraphy

I just discovered this post on Design*Sponge and I'm having one of those, "why didn't I think of that!?" moments.

Calligraphy is such a nice touch for wedding invitations but it does come with a pretty price tag. Handwriting is a nicer gesture than xerox printing but it always looks sloppy and unfinished. If you're looking for a place to save and have some time to devote to this project, cut out the expense of professional calligraphy and use this tip.

Find a fancy script you like online and print the envelopes (faintly) with the font. Then go over the envelopes with a paint pen in your own handwriting. I'm sure it requires a steady hand and a lot of concentration but you end up with a beautiful script in your own penmanship. Now why didn't I think of that?

Labels: , ,