I'm just a sucker for beautiful food photography - the Valentine's Day edition

anna williams

 I love food.  I could even be called a foodie.  I'm not as extreme as the cast of characters in my friend Adam's tv series,  Foodies but I love food nonetheless.  I also love pictures of food.  That's not entirely true, have you ever seen food shots in a bad chinese restaurant menu?  I love BEAUTIFUL food pictures, like the ones by the photographers in this post, Anna Williams, Sara Remington, Karen Mordechai and Aran of Canelle et Vanille.

Even though I'm a total romantic, I'm not much for Hallmark's Valentines Day.  My honey and I don't even celebrate the holiday.  For me, holidays are about food.  It's no surprise that my favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.

So I'm taking a stand, I'm making Valentine's day about food.  It's about tarts, trifles, chocolates, berries and breakfast in bed.  It's about shaping foodstuffs like butter into heart forms and eating red and pink.  It's about aphrodisiacs like oysters and champagne.  Now this is a holiday I can get behind.

No balloons or teddy bears for me this year, maybe just a nice Mast Brothers Chocolate bar and the treats in these photos.

Cheers!
Shannon
anna williams

anna williams

anna williams

anna williams

anna williams

anna williams

canelle et vanille


cannelle et vanille



karen mordechai

karen mordechai

sara remington

sara remington

sara remington

sara remington
karen mordechai

Labels: ,